Thursday, January 17, 2013

The dilemma with getting better premises for costume hire

As many people will have noticed, my space for hiring out costumes is becoming increasingly smaller over time as well as older. As a result I have the following options and issues:

1. Hire the premises across the road for 8000 Rand (ZAR) per month which my income cannot cover during the quiet months and due to the expensive maintenance. This would also include paying a salary to someone to be there during the day as well as electricity and possibly water as well.

2. Get a bigger replacement for my Wendy House which requires 34000 Rand (ZAR) according to one quote. This is not a possibility right now since I do not want to take out a loan.

3. Should my tenants move out then I could use my current flat for the costumes, but it is a matter of time until that becomes too small.

4. Partner with someone and move everything elsewhere which becomes a problem about who is controlling the stock. Recently that nearly happened, then someone else I know did that with that person and lost most of the stock and money.

5. Get another Wendy House for about 9000 Rand (ZAR) and pay that off over a few months.

To afford some better premises, I need to hire out more which means first to spend more money and time on marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment